We had implemented that allows each customer to choose which version of PHP to use for their account. Our customers can also use different PHP versions for different directories in the same hosting account. The PHP versions currently supported are PHP 5.2, PHP 5.3, PHP 5.4, PHP 5.6, PHP 7.0, PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2. To change the PHP version in your Linux hosting account simply follow the steps below:
- Go to cPanel account and log in.
- In the Files section, look for the "File Manager" icon. Click on it.
- Click Settings in the upper right corner and check the box for Show Hidden Files and click Save
- Navigate the desired folder (For example public_html folder) and select the .htaccess file. If there isn’t one, you can go ahead and create a new one. Once it is selected, right click on it and select Edit.
- You need to placed one of the following code at the end of .htaccess:
For PHP 5.2:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php52 .php
For PHP 5.3:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php53 .php53 .php
For PHP 5.4: (This is our currently default PHP version and no need to add this code)
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54 .php54 .php
For PHP 5.6:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php56 .php56 .php
For PHP 7.0:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php70 .php70 .php
For PHP 7.1:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php71 .php71 .php
For PHP 7.2:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php72 .php72 .php
- Click Save Changes
Sunday, July 1, 2018